McLachlin Family Cemetery
This cemetery is located in what was once an open field, but now enveloped in woodland, a silent reminder of unremitting change where Nature has her way. The location is perhaps less than a quarter mile north of the site of the old McLachlin farm buildings which burned some years ago. This family plot was never surrounded by a stone wall, as were most others, but during occupation of the farm by members of the McLachlin family until near the end of the 1880s, a fairly elegant wooden fence was maintained. However all traces of it are now gone. Among those buried there are; Peter McLachlin, 1774-1852, his wife, Isabelle Nelson, 1785-1831, probably several of their seven children and their families and maybe some grandchildren. Peter came over from Scotland with his parents in 1774.